Author(s): Eyad Masad
Advances in Materials and Pavement Performance Prediction contains the papers presented at the International Conference on Advances in Materials and Pavement Performance Prediction (AM3P, Doha, Qatar, 16- 18 April 2018).
There has been an increasing emphasis internationally in the design and construction of sustainable pavement systems. Advances in Materials and Pavement Prediction reflects this development highlighting various approaches to predict pavement performance. The contributions discuss links and interactions between material characterization methods, empirical predictions, mechanistic modeling, and statistically-sound calibration and validation methods. There is also emphasis on comparisons between modeling results and observed performance. The topics of the book include (but are not limited to):
• Experimental laboratory material characterization
• Field measurements and in situ material characterization
• Constitutive modeling and simulation
• Innovative pavement materials and interface systems
• Non-destructive measurement techniques
• Surface characterization, tire-surface interaction, pavement noise
• Pavement rehabilitation
• Case studies
Advances in Materials and Pavement Performance Prediction will be of interest to academics and engineers involved in pavement engineering.