Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake: How modern medicine has got it wrong about diabetes, cholesterol, cancer, Alzheimer’s and obesity by Dr Verner Wheelock
Requirements: .ePUB reader, 396 KB
Overview: This book is an investment in your life-long health. Dr Verner Wheelock brings the food scientist’s eagle eye to the conflicting nutritional messages you receive from governments, doctors, dietitians and the media.
– Dissects the original scientific evidence upon which official dietary guidelines are based;
– Busts accepted myths about ‘good’ and ‘bad’ cholesterol;
– Demonstrates that low-fat, high-carb diets have actually compounded the obesity crisis;
– Examines the effect that big industry, bad science and arrogance have had on the nation’s health;
– Shows how the widely-accepted dietary advice for diabetes, cholesterol, cancer, Alzheimer’s and obesity is just plain wrong.
Dr Wheelock’s exposé will make you think twice about accepting official dietary recommendations at face value. His review of recent research has shown that taking an
Genre: Non-Fiction > Health, Fitness & Medical