Linux in Action
Publisher: Manning Publications
Added: 2018-11-13 08:12:06
Linux in Action is a task-based tutorial that will give you the skills and deep understanding you need to administer a Linux-based system. This hands-on book guides you through 12 real-world projects so you can practice as you learn. Each chapter ends with a review of best practices, new terms, and exercises.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
You can’t learn anything without getting your hands dirtyÃ¢â‚¬â€including Linux. Skills like securing files, folders, and servers, safely installing patches and applications, and managing a network are required for any serious user, including developers, administrators, and DevOps professionals. With this hands-on tutorial, you’ll roll up your sleeves and learn Linux project by project.
About the Book
Linux in Action guides you through 12 real-world projects, including automating a backup-and-restore system, setting up a private Dropbox-style file cloud, and building your own MediaWiki server. You’ll try out interesting examples as you lock in core practices like virtualization, disaster recovery, security, backup, DevOps, and system troubleshooting. Each chapter ends with a review of best practices, new terms, and exercises.
- Setting up a safe Linux environment
- Managing secure remote connectivity
- Building a system recovery device
- Patching and upgrading your system
About the Reader
No prior Linux admin experience is required.
About the Author
David Clinton is a certified Linux Server Professional, seasoned instructor, and author of Manning’s bestselling Learn Amazon Web Services in a Month of Lunches.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to Linux
- Linux virtualization: Building a Linux working environment
- Remote connectivity: Safely accessing networked machines
- Archive management: Backing up or copying entire file systems
- Automated administration: Configuring automated offsite backups
- Emergency tools: Building a system recovery device
- Web servers: Building a MediaWiki server
- Networked file sharing: Building a Nextcloud file-sharing server
- Securing your web server
- Securing network connections: Creating a VPN or DMZ
- System monitoring: Working with log files
- Sharing data over a private network
- Troubleshooting system performance issues
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Troubleshooting peripheral devices
- DevOps tools: Deploying a scripted server environment using Ansible
Show more Show less 726293179c884d12950b11ae4daa4786]https://uploadgig.com/file/download/B8aaedb5C7d4bB9D/go78f.Linux.in.Action.rar Size: (12.60 MB) [/code]File name: go78f.Linux.in.Action.rar File size: 12.60 MB bd00fe6968ee2e5a82a3316f44747e6a
https://rapidgator.net/file/5c972575109678ca9ce04f518bfa6c8e/go78f.Linux.in.Action.rar.html Size: (12.56 MB)
File name: go78f.Linux.in.Action.rar File size: 12.56 MB 7a83a93a320faaf2819d8184b00b07d9
File name: go78f.Linux.in.Action.rar File size: 12.56 MB