Author(s): Ivan Lux and Laszlo Koblinger
With this book we try to reach several more-or-less unattainable goals, namely:
• To comprise in a single book all the most important achievements of Monte Carlo calculations for solving neutron and photon transport problems
• To present a book which discusses the same topics in the three levels known from the literature
• To write a book which gives useful information for both beginners and experienced readers
• To list both the well-established old techniques and the newest findings
• To fulfill the functions of both a textbook and a handbook and last but not least,
• To formulate everything in a manner that is understandable (and, perhaps, sometimes even enjoyable) for the interested readers.