Author(s): Robert W. Hurst
Since the publication of the first edition of this volume, interest in neurointerventional therapy has developed at an increasing pace. New device development has expanded the range of disorders amenable to neurointerventional treatment and additional research has been conducted within medical and surgical specialties on subspecialisation in neurointerventional therapy.
Physicians from all specialties involved in the care of disorders of the head, neck, and central nervous system, including neurosurgery, neuroradiology, and neurology, are currently utilizing neurointerventional therapy.
Neurointerventional Management: Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition has been re-titled from the original Interventional Neuroradiology to reflect the revolutionary changes occurring in this rapidly advancing field.
New to the Second Edition:
• Diagnostic aspects of cerebrovascular disease of neurointerventional interest
• Normal cerebrovascular variants
• Non-shunting cerebrovascular malformations
• The endovascular aspects of cerebrovascular disease in pregnancy
• Neurocritical care management of endovascular patients
• Anesthetic management of neurointerventional procedures
• The diagnosis and management of cerebral vasculitis, dural venous sinus thrombosis, pediatric cerebrovascular disease, and uncommon and genetic cerebrovascular diseases
This volume is written by a panel of today’s leading experts in the field of neurointerventional therapy and edited by two neuroendovascular practitioners. The book provides background information and specific descriptions of the anatomy, techniques, disorders, procedures, and decisions commonly encountered in this field. Each chapter is illustrated with scientifically concise images, depicting pertinent neuroanatomy, imaging, neuroendovascular techniques, and related procedures.