Practical Network Scanning: Capture network vulnerabilities using standard tools such as Nmap and Nessus
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Added: 2018-10-23 21:46:04
Get more from your network by securing its infrastructure and increasing its effectiveness
- Learn to choose the best network scanning toolset for your system
- Implement different concepts of network scanning such as port scanning and OS detection
- Adapt a practical approach to securing your network
Network scanning is the process of assessing a network to identify an active host network; same methods can be used by an attacker or network administrator for security assessment. This procedure plays a vital role in risk assessment programs or while preparing a security plan for your organization.
Practical Network Scanning starts with the concept of network scanning and how organizations can benefit from it. Then, going forward, we delve into the different scanning steps, such as service detection, firewall detection, TCP/IP port detection, and OS detection. We also implement these concepts using a few of the most prominent tools on the market, such as Nessus and Nmap. In the concluding chapters, we prepare a complete vulnerability assessment plan for your organization.
By the end of this book, you will have hands-on experience in performing network scanning using different tools and in choosing the best tools for your system.
- Achieve an effective security posture to design security architectures
- Learn vital security aspects before moving to the Cloud
- Launch secure applications with Web Application Security and SQL Injection
- Explore the basics of threat detection/response/ mitigation with important use cases
- Learn all about integration principles for PKI and tips to secure it
- Design a WAN infrastructure and ensure security over a public WAN
If you are a security professional who is responsible for securing an organization’s infrastructure, then this book is for you.
- Fundamental Security Concepts
- Secure Network Design
- Server level Security
- Cloud Security Design
- Application Security Design
- Threat Detection & Response
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Remote OS detection
- Public key infrastructure -SSL
- Firewall detection
- VPN & WAN Encryption
- Summary and Scope of Security technologies
Show more Show less cf1fe95bf8ce264d7c7eb46f39e4f2cb]http://filebonus.com/efjdt65ghytu Size: (14.70 MB) [/code]e4d197f30c97609330206e2b8ade6369] Bad link [/code]File name: 1788839234.rar File size: 14.70 MB d6b4a4561cef9dd440c765c76a44a085
http://tezfiles.com/file/856c72407488c Size: (12.40 MB)
1eef378b72875de514f47a297b0e0576] Bad link [/code]File name: Practical.Network.Scanning.Ajay.Singh.Chauhan.epub File size: 12.40 MB