Pro SharePoint Disaster Recovery & High Availability (2nd Ed) by Stephen Cummins
Requirements: .ePUB, .MOBI/.AZW reader, 11.8 MB
Overview: Few IT professionals take the time to learn what needs to be known to do disaster recovery well. Most labor under the pretense that good administration equals close to five-nines uptime. Most technical people do not see the value of planning for disasters until the unexpected has already happened, and the effects of a disaster involving a SharePoint farm-which today houses business information, line-of-business applications, sensitive information, extranets, and other highly important assets-can be staggering.
Pro SharePoint Disaster Recovery and High Availability, Second Edition will take you through a step-by-step process to show how to build an awareness and reaction plan for the inevitable. With a focus on real-world experiences and war stories, author Stephen Cummins weaves an expert tale of woe response and offers you:
Ways to see the warning signs of disaster, and ways to avoid it
Ways to respond to a disaster while it is happening
Perhaps most importantly, how to develop a plan to deal with disaster when it inevitably does happen.
Genre: Non-Fiction > Tech & Devices > Business Computer Recovery
What you’ll learn with Pro SharePoint Disaster Recovery and High Availability, Second Edition:
• How to build resilience and high availability into your systems to make them less likely to fail
• How to use technologies like log shipping, clustering and mirroring to replicate data
• How to use redundancy of web front-ends, service applications and other parts of your SharePoint farm to prevent failure
• How companies that realize the cost of disasters create processes to prevent them by tracking and responding to “near-misses”
• How to implement the right monitoring tools to ensure you are alerted to impending problems as soon as possible
• How to diagnose and repair broken systems, and develop processes to ensure you have backups and a place to restore them to if all else fails.